The Art of Bookkeeping! With a dynamic and creative team.
Full Time Exempt
Salary | $45,000-$50,000
Benefits include health insurance and employer-matching retirement contributions.
The Center for the Arts Staff Accountant position is a key member of the Center’s Finance Department. Tasks include payroll and payroll reporting, all monthly reconciliations, month end close, journal entries, deposits, reporting, sales tax submission and reconciliation, audit prep and interface, providing advice to our team on and setting up organizational best accounting practices. This employee exercises discretion and independent judgement on all significant matters related to the finances of the Center for the Arts.
- General Bookkeeping
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Deposits – entry, scanning of cash and check deposits
- Payroll tax reporting and payments
- Check Registers
- Monthly reconciliations - Month-end close, bank reconciliations
- Journal entries
- Sales and Payroll Tax Calculation
- Reporting & customized reports – monthly reports and other reports as needed
- Prepare 1099s and W2s
- Audit prep and interface
- Insurance Audit
- Budget Preparation support as needed
- Setting up organizational best accounting practices
- Providing advice on and holding our team accountable to the above accounting practices
- Evaluate our current practices and update and/or put new practices in place as needed
- Work with staff to evaluate accuracy of department and event reports
- Advise staff on proper accounting practices for events
- Other: Services as requested outside of above scope and alterations to the scope as needed
Candidates should hold a degree in accounting, finance and/or business administration, or possess equivalent business experience, and have experience with non-profits. Experience with QuickBooks is required. Familiarity with various ticketing systems such as Arts People, Patron Manager, etc., is also highly desirable.
To Apply. Email cover letter and resume with references to email@example.com. Please put ‘Staff Accountant’ in the subject line. For more information on the CFTA, please visit www.crestedbuttearts.org.