The Executive Director implements a vision in the community achieved through a team of creatives.
The Executive Director is the leader of the organization, implementing a vision for impact in the community that is achieved through the efforts of a diverse team of local creatives. The Artists of Crested Butte is a non-profit organization which advocates for the interests of artists and develops Crested Butte’s creative community through events and marketing.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic success, program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, and communications
- Actively engage and energize board members, partnering organizations, and funders
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction
- Ensure effective systems for program management
- Build partnerships, establishing relationships with the creative community, including local galleries, Colorado Creative Industries, the Creative District, Crested Butte Arts Festival, and the Center for the Arts
- Manage summer and winter Art Walks and summer Art Market
- Develop and monitor timelines and deadlines related to all aspects of Art Walks and Art Markets, ensuring the information is communicated to participating parties and the community
- Ensure event compliance with insurance, legal, health, and safety obligations
- Proactively manage any issues and troubleshoot emerging problems
- Provide timely follow‐up to events as needed including thank you letters and invoicing
- Conduct post-event evaluations as needed and report on outcomes
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities, including the Crested Butte Creative Directory
- Deepen and refine communications—from web presence to external relations-- managing communications in traditional and social media, the ACB Website, with partners, and the community
- Assist with brochure, invitations, program, poster, ads, banners, digital marketing, and any other publications
- The director will represent ACB in the community, at gatherings, with fellow non-profits, and key community members.
- Serve as primary contact to provide information to the public, partner organizations and the media.
EDUCATION AND BACKGROUND:
- Dedication to and passion for the arts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- 5 years of work experience, with at least 2 years in a management position is preferred
- Past success working with a Board of Directors
- Strong marketing, public relations, event management, and fundraising experience
- Proficient computer skills with flexibility for building technical competence
- Experience with Quickbooks, Wordpress, and Canva is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
SCHEDULE & BENEFITS
• Based in Crested Butte, Colorado
• $20 per hour
DIVERSITY AT ACB. ACB is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or any other status which may be protected by law.
TIMEFRAME FOR FILLING THE POSITION Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit your application as soon as possible.